17. Talk about someone you want to be friends with
"When you were small, you always liked to hang around the adults. You just kept quiet and listened, and most of your friends were older than you. I think I should've realised then that it spoke volumes of your maturity."
I want to be friends with priests and peasants, with teachers and toddlers, with doctors and divas and divers. I want to be friends with people who see the world through wondering eyes, who speak with thought and converse with character. I want to be friends with the movers and shakers, with the sleepers, with the complainers, the complacent and the chiefs. I want to be friends with the apek down the street and the model strutting the runaway; to befriend their lives and experiences and events. I want to laugh and cry at the places that they've been to, at the occasions that has made them sing, at their failures and wins. I want to look into the eyes of the people they hold dear and the people they hate. I want to be friends with the noble, the criminals, the homeless and the greats.
No comments:
Post a Comment