Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Daily update

I genuinely enjoy my off-days. The ones where I'm not commuting within the city, or rushing out to meet people, or packing for a trip, or carrying camera equipments. It's just one of the simplest pleasures to wake up in the late morning hours, with the pale English sun lighting up my room, to have a bowl of cereal and oats, to nestle snugly into my extremely comfortable bed and to look forward to some Hindustani movies or learning new ukelele tunes. In between all the quick paced and active days, it's wonderful to have some time off and enjoy my own company.

This is probably one of the biggest parts about living abroad that was new to me - how to savor actually resting (not the multi tasking kind I do back in Malaysia, where I'm figuring out plans in my head even when I sleep haha), and being on my own. Back home, it's so easy to have the conveniences at your finger tips - to invite friends for a hang out, to drive off, to eat out, to have projects to activate - that I guess I never really figured out my own space. The ability to do things on my own schedule, to walk at my own pace, to manage my own resources. London's an incredibly huge city and it puts your tininess into such a metropolitan perspective, and I'm slowly finding the pros and cons to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels