Thursday, January 18, 2018

1 Reason Why

It's the reason why I do this. Why I'm willing to drive almost an hour just to spend 20 minutes eating with you. Why I'd wake up at 3am to hang out and talk. Why I do my best to attend almost every function thrown my way - weddings, engagements, funerals, kenduris. Why I still get excited for breakfast meets and late night suppers. I'm grasping every inch of freedom that I have. The ability drive to wherever I want, to go out whenever I want. The ability to attend social events to my heart's content. The ability to be there for the people around me, whenever it's within my capability to do so. I'm cherishing every single moment that I get to spend with the people I love, doing things that I love. 

This is a garbled paragraph because there's no structure to adequately articulate the frustrations that I've felt; the sheer restraint of being obligated to a world away, disadvantaged in my desires. The gravity of my current abilities is weighed down by three years of missed connections. 

The reason I'm doing this


Is because I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels