Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Familial Familiarities


It's these past few weeks of my life at home, a hallmark video of monopoly deal, movie outings, mcdonald suppers, breakfast dates, celebrations, a ridiculous chain of laughter ringing through our messy house - all this and more that I'd look back at and miss immeasurably, immensely, enormously. There's an intense bittersweetness that I cling to even as I go through these moments with my family. 

Because I'm acknowledging that the present is irreplaceable; constantly reminding myself that it won't always be like this, that the experiential wheel is constantly spinning towards a new phase. There's a part of me that's already looking back at this time through lilac tinted lenses, a convex/concave vision of gratitude and heartache. I'm placing faith that the future will have a happier version of these affairs. 

Please ya rabb, please protect my family in this world and the hereafter. InsyaAllah. Ameen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels