Tuesday, April 7, 2020

April Showers Vol. 3

It's actually a Wednesday as I'm writing this  - I've somehow been way to caught up in a certain creative project this past two days - but here's RMO update Week 3! 

-- 

The days are already merging into one fluid stretch of time, and more than the insanity that is a life without the framework of a week, it's more affronting to tackle with the notion that this Restricted Movement Order is going to carry on for an uncertain period of time. The global uncertainty is  settling into the consciousness of millions of minds all over the world. I feel like that's the crux of all this really, the sheer ambivalence of this disease, and humankind's race to squish it.

For me, personally, this past few days I've found a mini goal to last myself through the next (few?) week. It comes in the form of a creative series entitled Home Landscapes - but I'll expound on that in a separate entry. I've also signed up for a long awaited photography course with Canon Master Richard I'Anson. And between these two pursuits, my mental hunger is positively motivated. There's a part of me that is relishing in the freedom of this period. And for this small miracle I am thankful.

Onto the outside world; the latest of a series of gobsmacking revelations is that the Prime Minister of UK, Boris Johnson, is currently in the ICU. It's jarring how the elites, often protected in the echelons of power and money, stand absolutely no chance against COVID-19. At one point, Spain was reported to have recorded over 900 deaths in 24 hours. Currently the USA is on record for the highest number of deaths, which I believe. Malaysia still sits on the highest record for south east asia with just under 4000 cases with 63 recorded deaths, but as I've said, it really comes down to capabilities in testing and reporting.

In Malaysia, there's an apparent wave in citizens aiding the front liners in the form of stitching PPEs, crafting face shields, sourcing face masks, and heading donations drives. The push for the initial collection of funds is slowly blooming into the second phase, which is its distribution and utilization. My family and I are looking into ways to contribute to these grassroots initiatives - and hopefully soon. My mother is looking a little weary lately.

Here's to staying positive and productive.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About

Carpe Diem.

Labels