The Art of Being Grateful
- is to maximise and utilise the blessings in your life, in all of its microscopic, and grand entities, in all manners possible, for the ultimate result of creating a better, more positive existence.
Somewhere in between my 28th lap around the house as I was exercising, the simple idea of not being able to do what I was doing came knocking into my head. Being thrown into a restricted modus operandi, it's so fantastically easy to be caught in the trappings of complaints and depravity. With so many regular things forbidden in the wake of this pandemic, you can't help but feel disadvantaged.
But here's where the AoBG comes in - it's about counting your lucky stars for all that you are blessed with, that had been unnoticed or taken for granted. In my case it comes in the form of a healthy family, a comfortable home, and all of my limbs and mind intact. The AoBG is the constant, conscious exercise of taking note of the simplest miracles; and from these miracles, to amplify its use to the point where it becomes a form of worship.
With every step I take, I am thankful for my functioning body. With every communication in which I participate, I am making the most of my compassion. In this vein, the AoBG is truly about appreciating the half of the glass that's full. It's appreciating every single molecule in that water that makes up the entirety of that liquid body. And by appreciating, it is to apply its use in the most positive and productive manner possible.
No comments:
Post a Comment